- Upon arrival to Arequipa, you will be welcomed by an English speaking guide at the airport and taken to your comfortable hotel where you are advised to rest for a while to acclimatize to the high altitude.
- In the afternoon we start our city tour in the historical center, visiting the Santa Catalina Convent, the Plaza de Armas, the Jesuit Church of La Compañia and its beautifully-painted Chapel, the Church of San Francisco, Selva Alegre and the typical Districts of Cayma and Yanahuara for a magnificent view of the Misti Volcano.
- Return to the hotel.
DAY 2 Arequipa - Colca Canyon
- Today you will start your trip to the Colca Canyon, taking the Yura’s highway boarding the snow-capped mountain Chachani towards Pampa Cañahuas (Reserve of White Wash and Salt Mines) habitat of vicuñas. Also you will see alpacas and the flora of the area.
- After lunch (not included), we arrive to Chivay Town and you will be transferred to your selected hotel.
DAY 3 Colca Canyon - Arequipa
- Today early at morning you will visit the Cross of the Condor, then on to the Cruz of the Condors, where you will be able to observe one of the deepest Canyons of the world and where we can be able to appreciate the impressive and majestic flight of the Condors. In the way back to Chivay we will cross little villages like, Pinchollo, Maca, Achoma, Yanque, etc. After that, return to Arequipa and transfer to your hotel.
DAY 4 Arequipa departure
- At opportune time, transfer to the airport to take your flight back to Lima or another city of Peru.
No additional services at this moment.
[Click on map to see large version]
Arequipa, the second largest city in Peru, is also called "La Ciudad Blanca of Peru" ("The White City"), because the ancestral mansions and the ancient churches and convents are built out of "sillar" - a material of solidified volcanic rock -, and distinguished by a unique architectural style.
Arequipa is located on the base of the "Misti", a majestic volcano.
The city is filled with colonial architecture and buildings where you will feel a peculiar energy, a strange impulse, inviting you to stay on in the city.
The Colca Canyon, located in the province of Cailloma, is considered one of the deepest and most beautiful canyons in the world. It has a depth of 3,400m. At Colca Canyon we can be able to appreciate the impressive flight of the Condors, a majestic bird as big as 12 feet long.