- Upon arrival to Cusco, you will be welcomed by an English speaking guide at the airport and taken to your comfortable hotel where you are advised to rest for a while to acclimatize to the high altitude.
- In the afternoon the half-day city tour begins. You will be shown the exact centre of the Inca Empire, the Plaza de Armas. There one can find the cathedral built on the ruins of the Inca Palace. The cathedral borders on other churches on both sides.
- Next stop will be the old town with its magnificent renovated colonial buildings. You will also visit the nearby ruins such as Tambo Machay, the bath of the Inca, Qenko, the giant rock whose niches and gaps were carved in a strange way, and Puca Pucara, the ruin of a small fort.
- On the way back to Cuzco, we will visit the Sacsayhuaman fortress located north of the city of Cuzco, with spectacular views of the city.
- Overnight at selected hotel.
DAY 2 Pisac-Ollantaytambo-cusco
-After breakfast, you will discover the Sacred Valley of the Incas; there, you will have the opportunity to purchase local handcrafts at the special and traditional Pisac Indian market performed every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. This market exhibits and sells wide variety of fine crafts of various kind: Woven goods, sweaters, After lunch we will return through Ollantaytambo It is the oldest continuously occupied settlement in the Americas, complete with canals unchanged since Inca times; a walk by the narrow streets will make you recall its ancient heritage.
- Return to Cusco where you can relax, enjoy the local food and exciting nightlife.
Cusco – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- Today, the tour starts in a train that climbs the mountain in zigzag slopes and then rattles down into the fertile plain of the Urubamba valley, passes Ollantaytambo and goes on to Aguas Calientes. From here small busses drive up the steep mountain to the ruin town Machu Picchu called the Lost City of the Incas. You will be amazed of how the Incas were able to build this city on a mist-shrouded mountaintop.
- In the afternoon, you will return by Backpacker train to Cusco.
- Transfer from train station to your hotel
You may also choose to spend this night in Aguas Calientes town (highly recommended) and have the opportunity to enjoy the magical feeling of waking up with the sounds of nature, watching the rolling clouds in the morning, and breathing fresh air.
DAY 4 Cusco Departures
At opportune time, transfer to the airport, bus or train station.
Cusco was the capital of the Inca Empire, where you will see and feel ancient history. Meet the people, see the architecture, and immerse yourself in the culture.
Discover mystic Machu Picchu, the seventh wonder of world, deemed by UNESCO a World Heritage Site.
Here you can feel nature and the capacity of man to dominate its environment.