- Arrival in Lima airport where you will be welcomed by an English speaking guide. Transfer to the selected hotel
Lima – Paracas
Today you will travel from Lima to Paracas in a luxurious bus (without guide). In the afternoon arrive in Paracas and you will get the rest of the day at leisure.
Paracas - Nazca
- After breakfast, you will have a boat excursion to the Ballestas Islands, where many different animal species may be observed. Also you will have the chance to see the famous three-pronged Candelabro (Candelabrum), carved into the sand with a similar technique to the Nazca Lines.
- In the afternoon transfer from Paracas to Nazca in a luxurious bus (without guide).
Nazca – Arequipa
- After breakfast, you will have the opportunity to fly over the mysterious Nazca lines and see the enormous figures in the sand - the spider, the monkey, the bird.
- In the evening drive back to Arequipa in a luxurious bus (without guide).
- Spend the night aboard the bus.
- Early arrival in Arequipa where an English speaking guide will be welcomed you.
- Transfer to your selected hotel
- In the afternoon we start our city tour in the historical center, visiting the Santa Catalina Convent, the Plaza de Armas, the Jesuit Church of La Compañia and its beautifully-painted Chapel, the Church of San Francisco, the San Lazaro District, Selva Alegre and the typical Districts of Cayma and Yanahuara for a magnificent view of the Misti Volcano.
- Return to the hotel.
Arequipa – Colca
- After breakfast, you will start your trip to the Colca Canyon, taking the Yura’s highway boarding the snow-capped mountain Chachani towards Pampa Cañahuas (Reserve of White Wash and Salt Mines) habitat of vicuñas. Also you will see alpacas and the flora of the area.
- After lunch (not included), we arrive to Chivay Town and you will be transferred to your hotel.
Colca - Arequipa
Today early at morning you will visit the Cross of the Condor, where you will be able to observe one of the deepest Canyons of the world and where we can appreciate the impressive and majestic flight of the Condors. In the way back to Chivay we will cross little villages like, Pinchollo, Maca, Achoma, Yanque, etc. After that return to Arequipa.
Arequipa – Cusco
- After breakfast, transfer to the airport to take your flight to Cusco (flight is not included).
- Upon arrival to Cuzco, you will be welcomed by an English speaking guide at the airport and taken to your comfortable hotel where you are advised to rest for a while to acclimatize to the high altitude.
- Morning at leisure.
- In the afternoon the half-day city tour begins. You will be shown the exact centre of the Inca empire, the Plaza de Armas. There one can find the cathedral built on the ruins of the Inca Palace. The cathedral borders on other churches on both sides. Next stop will be the old town with its magnificent renovated colonial buildings, that are being used as hotels for example. You will also visit Sacsayhuaman, a ruin located approx. 3 km above Cuzco. Sacsayhuaman also offers a fabulous view of the city. After that you will then shortly stop in Tampu Machay, the bath of the Inca, Kenko, the giant rock whose niches and gaps were carved in a strange way, and Puca Pucara, the ruin of a small fort.
- Return to Cuzco where you can relax, enjoy the local food and exciting nightlife.
Cusco – Pisac – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- After breakfast, you will discover the Sacred Valley of the Incas; there, you will have the opportunity to purchase local handcrafts at the special and traditional Pisac Indian market performed every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. This market exhibits and sells wide variety of fine crafts of various kind: Woven goods, sweaters, Alpaca rugs, tapestry, sculpture, jewellery, etc. On the way to Ollantaytambo, you will have free time to have lunch in a typical restaurant. Ollantaytambo is the oldest continuously occupied settlement in the Americas, complete with canals unchanged since Inca times; a walk by the narrow streets will make you recall its ancient heritage.
- Return to Cuzco.
Cusco – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- After breakfast, pick up from your hotel and transfer by bus to the train station where the tour starts in a train that climbs the mountain in zigzag slopes and then rattles down into the fertile plain of the Urubamba valley, passes Ollantaytambo and goes on to Aguas Calientes. From here small busses drive up the steep mountain to the ruin town Machu Picchu called the Lost City of the Incas. You will be amazed of how the Incas were able to build this city on a mist-shrouded mountaintop.
- In the afternoon, return by train to Cuzco.
- Transfer from train station to your hotel
Cusco - Lima
- At opportune time, transfer to the airport to take your flight back to Lima or Puerto Maldonado if you will continue your journey in Peru.
No additional services at this moment.
ABOUT PERU HIGHLIGHTS
[Click on map to see large version]
Peru is a country that combines their natural beauty with the mystery.
This tour will show the beauty of our flora and fauna of the Coast and Andes.
This package includes visits to the Nazca lines, Peruvian Andes and the Amazon jungle.