- Upon arrival to Cusco, you will be welcomed by an English speaking guide at the airport and taken to your comfortable hotel where you are advised to rest for a while to acclimatize to the high altitude.
- In the afternoon the half-day city tour begins. You will be shown the exact centre of the Inca Empire, the Plaza de Armas. There one can find the cathedral built on the ruins of the Inca Palace. The cathedral borders on other churches on both sides. Next stop will be the old town with its magnificent renovated colonial buildings. You will also visit Sacsayhuaman, a ruin located approx. 3 km above Cuzco. Sacsayhuaman also offers a fabulous view of the city. After that you will then shortly stop in Tampu Machay, the bath of the Inca, Kenko, the giant rock whose niches and gaps were carved in a strange way, and Puca Pucara, the ruin of a small fort.
Cusco – Pisac – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- After breakfast, you will discover the Sacred Valley of the Incas; there, you will have the opportunity to purchase local handcrafts at the special and traditional Pisac Indian market performed every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. This market exhibits and sells wide variety of fine crafts of various kind: Woven goods, sweaters, Alpaca rugs, tapestry, sculpture, jewellery, etc. After lunch we will return by Ollantaytambo It is the oldest continuously occupied settlement in the Americas, complete with canals unchanged since Inca times; a walk by the narrow streets will make you recall its ancient heritage.
- Return to Cusco where you can relax, enjoy the local food and exciting nightlife.
Cusco - Chilca - Wayllabamba
Our guide will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco very early in the morning, to take bus to the city of Chilca to begin your trek along the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. After approximately three hours walking you will stop for lunch. Then you will continue walking towards your first camp at Wayllabamba, on the way you will have a guided tour of the archaeological complex of Llactapata. Dinner and overnight in tents at the campsite. (-/L/D)
Wayllabamba - Warmiwañusca - Pacaymayo
After breakfast, the toughest part of the trail begin, walking towards the highest point in the Inca Trail where you will have an unbelievable panoramic view of the whole area and will observe different types of microclimates. After a 3 hours walk you will reach the first pass, named Warmiwañiusca or Dead Womans Pass, at approximately 4,200 m.a.s.l. Here, you will have a tremendous feeling of achievement mixed with relief on reaching the top. After lunch you will continue your walking down to Pacaymayo where you will camp and have dinner. (B/L/D)
Pacaymayo - Puya Patamarka - Wiñay Huayna
After breakfast start the descent towards the second most important pass of the trail at 3,850 m.a.s.l. having a guided visit at the archaeological complex of Runkurakay and the Inca citadel of Sayacmarca. Continue your trekking towards Puya Patamarka (Cloud-level town), another important archaeological monument, where lunch will be served. After a short break you will continue walking to Wiñay Huayna (Forever Young) for a guided visit of this impressive archaeological complex with a spectacular setting. Dinner and overnight at the camp. (B/L/D)
Wiñay Huayna - Machu Picchu - Cusco
- After breakfast, have a very early start to arrive in time for sunrise at Machu Picchu.
- After a one hour walk through the forest towards the Inti Punku or the Gate of the Sun, also known as the Entrance Gate to Machu Picchu, where you will have the most impressive panoramic view of the citadel. Upon arrival at Machu Picchu, three-hours guided tour around the citadel, visiting the main sites and monuments. After the tour you will have free time to wander around, then you will meet with the rest of the group to drive by bus down to Aguas Calientes. In the afternoon, transfer by train to Cusco. Upon arrival in Cusco transfer to your hotel. (B/-/-)
At opportune time, transfer to the airport to take your flight back to Lima or another city in the country and continue your journey in Peru.
No additional services at this moment.
ABOUT TREASURE OF THE INCAS - INCA TRAIL
[Click on map to see large version]
There are only two options to get to Machu Picchu: the conventional road by train and the most famous hike in South America, the four-day Inca Trail. This tour includes visits to the Imperial Cusco and nearby ruins and also the visit to Machu Picchu along the Inca Trail.